Calpro has entered into an agreement with Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson.
Calpro has developed the e-health technology, CalproSmart™, which enables monitoring the illness situation at home and reporting to the physician via a mobile telephone app. Now, North Zealand Hospital, as the first hospital in the Norden countries, has made use of this, and the pharmaceutical companies, Janssen Pharmaceutica NV and MSD, will bring the technology to the health care industry.
– “Just in Europe alone, it is estimated that as many as 2.5 – 3 million people have IBD. The technology has a very large catchment area as the authorities progressively see the advantages in using smart e-health technology”, say Thjømøe (CEO at Calpro AS)
Read the whole press release:
Press Release Janssen agreement
Calpro participates in a big Norwegian study on UC patients : BIOSTOP. Our ELISA test kit CalproLab is used to measure calprotectin levels on parients in the study.
200 patients, divided into 28 centers across Norway, participate in the study
• The study will take place for 6 years
• Startup in April 2017
• Patient group: ulcerative colitis and usually anti-TNF treatment
• National Project Coordinator: Ingrid Prytz Berset
• Project sponsor: Helse Møre og Romsdal by Dag Arne Lihaug Hoff
• Project leader: Professor Knut Lundin University in Oslo / Rikshospitalet
Project Owners: University of Oslo, Institute of Clinical Medicine and Helse Møre og Romsdal.
Link to project page Helse MR site (Norwegian language):
Please see the Calpro press release regarding MSD agreement for delivery of e-health technology CalproSmart:
Norsk | English